This section of the site contains our statutory information.
School name and address : Hawkley Hall High School, Carr Lane, Wigan, WN3 5NY.
Telephone: 01942 204640
Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator: Mrs J Rigby (Email: J.Rigby@hhhs.net, Telephone: 01942 204640)
Chair of Governors – Mr A Wilson, c/o Hawkley Hall High School
Any enquiries should, in the first instance, be directed to the main office who will direct you to the most appropriate person to handle your query.
Ethos & Vision
To provide, in partnership, high quality education within a caring environment enabling all individuals to achieve their full potential effectively.
We believe that young people learn their values and attitudes from a wide range of sources, most importantly at home, with school having a vital part to play. Every child has the capacity to learn and has something to offer their community and society at large. This learning takes place both inside and outside the school and we have many partners in educating the children of our community.
Behaviour and Exclusions
Please view our policies below:
Admissions and Appeals to Hawkley Hall High School are administered by Wigan Local Authority. Links to details of admissions and appeals are given below.
- Admissions: https://wigan.gov.uk/Resident/Education/Schools/School-Admissions/School-Admissions.aspx
- Appeals timeline: https://wigan.gov.uk/Resident/Education/Schools/School-Admissions/School-admission-appeals-timetable.aspx
Please see information about the admission arrangements below:
- Click here to download the Admission Arrangements 2017-2018
- Click here to download the Admission Arrangements 2018-2019
- Click here to download the Admission Arrangements 2019-2020
Please click on the link below to view our Equality Objectives Policy:RLT Equality and Diversity Policy
Governors Information and Duties
More information about our Governors can be found here.
Our most recent Ofsted reports:
Other Ofsted reports can be viewed on the Ofsted website, click here to view them.
Our most recent Key Stage 4 Results:
- Attainment 8 Score: 49.4
- Progress 8 Score: Average – 0
- 5 A*-C including English and mathematics (Grade 4+): 71.13%
- Grade 4+ in both English and mathematics: 71.64%
- Grade 5+ in both English and mathematics: 45.36%
- Grade 4+ in English: 80.93%
- Grade 5+ in English: 65.98%
- Grade 4+ in mathematics: 77.72%
- Grade 5+ in mathematics: 54.40%
- Entering EBacc: 27%
- Achieving EBacc: 17.53%
- Pupils who stayed in education or went into employment after finishing KS4: 93%
Validated Results for 2016:
- Attainment 8 Score: 5.39
- Progress 8 Score: 0.22
- Basics: 72.4%
- Ebacc: 24.85% were entered for the English Baccalaureate and 21.6% achieved A*-C grades in it
Other Headline Figures:
- 68.5% of students achieved 5+ A* to C including English Language and Maths
- 78.5% of students achieved 5+ A* to C grade GCSEs
- 97.8% of students achieved 5+ A* to G grade GCSEs
- Information on expected progress and Ebacc can be found in the governors report below
- Results report to Governors 2017
- Results report to Governors 2016
- Results report to Governors 2015
- Results report to Governors 2014
- Results report to Governors 2013
- DfE School Performance Tables
Curriculum and Qualifications
You can view all our curriculum information for KS3 and KS4 in the curriculum area of our website
Please contact the Deputy Headteacher (Curriculum) Mr S Holt at school for further details regarding the curriculum. Further details about individual subjects can be obtained by contacting the relevant Head of Faculty. Details of our Heads of Faculty can be found on the individual subject pages.
Pupil Premium information for 2017-18 academic year
- Indicative pupil premium grant expected for the 2017/18 academic year is £196,315
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2017-2018
- Pupil Premium Impact Report 2016-2017
Pupil Premium information for 2016-17 academic year
Pupil Premium information for 2015-16 academic year
- Pupil Premium Impact Report 2015-16
- Pupil Premium Spending Report 2015-16
- HHHS Revised Indicative Pupil Premium Expenditure 2015-2016
Pupil Premium information for 2014-15 academic year
- HHHS Pupil Premium Expenditure 2014-2015
- Intended pupil premium spend for 2014-15
- Pupil Premium Impact Report 2015
Pupil Premium information for 2013-14 academic year
- Pupil Premium Funding impact report
- Report on pupil premium funding and expenditure
- Additional Pupil Premium Information 2014
Year 7 Catch-up funding
Year 7 catch-up funding information for 2017-18 academic year
Year 7 catch-up funding information for 2016-17 academic year
Year 7 catch-up funding information for 2015-16 academic year
Year 7 catch-up funding information for 2014-15 academic year
- Report on the impact of year 7 English and mathematics catch Up premium
- HHHS Year 7 Catch-Up Funding 2014 – 2015
Year 7 catch-up funding information for 2013-14 academic year
- Report on the impact of year 7 catch-up funding
- For information on funding and expenditure of year 7 catch-up funding, please see the pupil premium funding and expenditure report above
Year 7 catch-up funding information for 2014-15 academic year
- For information on predicted expenditure of year 7 catch-up funding for 2014-15, please see the pupil premium funding and expenditure report above
- Accessibility Plan
- Wigan SEND Local Offer including autism pathway link
- Wigan LA SEND Services
- RLT SEND policy Report
Charging and remissions
School Complaints Procedure
- Audited Accounts
- Annual Reports
- Funding Agreement
- Articles of Association
- Memorandum of Association
For information on the above, please see our statutory requirements page on the Rowan Learning Trust website by clicking here.
For information on the Charity Trustees please view our Trustees page on the Rowan Learning Trust website by clicking here.
For the register of business interests please view these on the Governance page on the Rowan Learning Trust by clicking here.
Provider Access Policy
Gender Pay Gap ReportGender Pay Gap Report
Data Protection Officer: Chris Bolton (Email: C.Bolton@hhhs.net Telephone: 01942 204640)
Request for copies
If you would like paper copy of any of the information on this website please contact the main office and they will provide it for you.