We are proud of our positive, caring ethos based on a set of expectations we call ‘The Hawkley Way’ which has a fundamental principle at its heart; the principle of mutual respect. The students themselves coined the phrase in our code of conduct, ”Treat other people with respect to be respected in turn”. We believe this principle is essential for our happy and successful school community.
As Headteacher of Hawkley Hall High School, I am very proud of our school, our strong values and high academic standards. As a parent myself, I know how important a decision the choice of school is for your child. Children only get one chance at this stage of their education and you need to be confident your child is provided with the best chance possible. Hawkley Hall is a special place which has the highest expectations of our students ensuring that they achieve their potential.
Our success is built on core values of mutual respect as well as a clear understanding of the conditions required for effective learning. We have sustained our success because the following foundations are in place:
- clear expectations of effort and behaviour
- highly effective pastoral support
- a culture of academic success and progress
- high quality teaching
- effective opportunities for student leadership to be developed
- excellent buildings and resources that enhance learning
- a broad and balanced curriculum
Our commitment to providing the best possible education means we are never satisfied and are always looking for opportunities to improve. We place high value on development and research and as a result we attract the best teachers and support staff.
We are always open to visitors and would be happy to welcome you into school so you can appreciate the Hawkley Way. I hope that you choose to take up this offer and I look forward to working closely with you in the future.
School opening and closing times: 8am - 4pm
Hours provided in a typical week: 31 hours and 40 minutes
Morning Registration: 8:40am - 9:10am
Official end of the school day: 3pm
There are 5 teaching periods in each day:
- Engagement: 8.45 a.m. to 9.10 a.m.
- Period 1: 9.10 a.m. to 10.10 a.m.
- Period 2: 10.10 a.m. to 11.10 a.m.
- Break: 11.10 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
- Period 3: 11.30 p.m. to 12.30 p.m.
- Period 4: 12.30 p.m. to 1.30p.m
- Lunch: 1.30pm to 2.00pm
- Period 5: 2.00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m.