Welcome to the careers guidance and information page for Hawkley Hall High School.
We aim for every student to leave the school well prepared for the next stage in their career. Students should be well informed when making subject and career decisions. We want students to be inspired and motivated to fulfil their potential. Students need to understand career pathways and how opportunities may change in the future.
- Aspiration – it is a good to have an idea of what interests and excites you as early as possible, research the qualifications that you need and aim high.
- Self-development – it is important to understand yourself and to develop your capabilities.
- Career exploration – you need to know how to investigate career opportunities and to make career plans.
Things to start thinking about…
- Why it is important to be resilient.
- Why you should aspire to be the best that you can be.
- Which courses interest you the most and why?
- What choices are there after leaving school?
- Short term and long term career plans.
- College entry requirements.
- Employers that you are interested in.
- Vacancies for apprenticeships.
At Hawkley Hall High School we will provide…
- Offer all young people access to up to date accurate and impartial information and resources.
- Regular up to date information on college and apprenticeship/training provider open days.
- Futures Fair Y10 and Y11 pupils/parents and parent’s evening with college and apprenticeship/training providers present to offer advice and guidance.
- The Careers Advisor Mrs Tindall holds lunch time and after school drop in sessions for pupils.
- We work in partnership with opportunity providers including employers, College and Training providers
- Visits from businesses and college providers.
- Trips to universities.
- The latest in career software.
- Drop in sessions with local colleges.
- Careers guidance meetings.
- Self development, career exploration and career management.
- Guidance on CV’s and letters of application.
- Interview tips.
- PSHE lessons based on careers and guidance.
- Apprenticeship and traineeship information.
- Know how your child’s progress at school will affect their decisions.
- Talk to the careers adviser to find out information about careers.
- Attend parent’s evenings/events that discuss Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance.
- Request a copy of your childs action plan.
- Find out more about how you can support your child at this time.
- Find out what progress is being made with applications.
- Parents Guide 2020
- College Open Evenings 2020 - 2021
- Career Occupational Websites
- A guide for Parents
- Apprenticeships Parent-Pack
- Guide-to-Apprenticeships-NAS 2019
- Useful Websites and categories
- Training and Apprenticeships Providers
- WEBSITES - Links and Useful contacts
- Website Careers info 2019 Parents Guide
- Advice for Parents website
- Local College contact details
- Apprenticeship guide to apprenticeships and Learner Support